Temple of the Jedi Force : Unleash the Buddha Within [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Knight Hilt Progression: Texture

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
family.jpg

Do you know ?
That there is a list of Teachings and Guidelines for Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
14 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 14

more...

New Members Welcome!
RKUDeloris 2018/9/21
HanneloreM 2018/9/21
FredaRubeo 2018/9/20
EmilLemus 2018/9/19
TraciRoesc 2018/9/19
AugustaGod 2018/9/19
DouglasGri 2018/9/18
DollyArndt 2018/9/18
NorineBart 2018/9/18
RosalinePi 2018/9/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Unleash the Buddha Within
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Duncan Riach, Ph.D.
Lover of truth | Doctor of Clinical Psychology | Stanford M.S. Electrical Engineering | AI Processor Architect | Meditator | Husband | http://lifebootstrap.com
Mar 1

I want you to stop pretending that you’re not enlightened. I want you to remember that you’ve been fooling yourself. You’ve been telling yourself stories about yourself that are not true. Look at yourself. Look at how amazing you are. Under all of those stories, stories about how crappy or worthless you are, or about how wonderful, or dedicated, or “spiritual” you are, is a being that shines like the sun.

I see your buddha-nature. I want you to stop pretending that you don’t see it too. I want you to breathe fully into that miracle-body and know, experientially, that moment-to-moment you are the master of yourself. The world flows over you like a river, and you just sit there like a stone on its bed, unmovable. You do this day in and day out. How can you do or be anything else?

Yes, you’ve been pretending to be shaken by the world, but deep inside you were always still and radiant. You are a master and always have been. Please don’t follow gurus and teachers; that would be silly.

There is nothing for you to do, or to become, or to have. You already have everything you need, and deep down you know this. Stop playing this game of wanting and not wanting, pandering to the idea that you’re not a perfected being. You’re fooling only yourself.

Okay, I’ll be patient. I’ll wait here for you to go nowhere. I’ll wait until you feel that you’ve acquired enough material possessions, or experiences. I’ll wait until you think you’ve meditated enough, or done enough penance. When you’re done pretending, I’ll be here waiting for you, waiting with you, waiting inside you.

Footnote: Feel free to replace the word “Buddha” with whatever name you have for your higher-power. Some alternatives are God, Christ, Yahweh, Allah, Spirit, Source, Oneness, Brahma, Rama, Krishna, Vishnu, Baal, Light, Awareness, Goodness, Love, Kali, Gaia, Guanyin, Shiva, Shakti, Qi, or Kundalini. Or Jedi Master

https://medium.com/@duncanr/unleash-the-buddha-within-476217668efe

Posted on: 3/4 12:05

Re: Unleash the Buddha Within
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Here's a good exercise. Set a timer for five mins. and during that time be enlightened. Let every thought be about how lucky your life is and how everything just naturally goes your way. Think about how all your needs have been met and how long that book you wrote will stay number one on the best sellers list. Enjoy the fact that you have a supernatural immune system and never get sick. Channel your perfected self for those few mins. until the timer goes off, then make a note about how you feel afterwards.

Sounds simple but a lot of people who try this can't even last 60 secs. without adding a worry or doubt into the exercise. They have set their brain on so many 'but what if something negative happens' they find it difficult to stop even for five mins.

Try doing this exercise daily for a week and note what has changed in your life, or see if anyone else has noticed a change. Perhaps it would be easier to think of it as a five min. role play. Being positive is like a muscle that needs to be exercised with practice in order to grow, just like worry is a muscle that grows with practice.

While putting this together I was reminded of the scene from the Matrix with Agent Smith.
Agent Smith: Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at it’s beauty, it’s genius? Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious. Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world. Where none suffered. Where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering

The thought is that if there were no suffering people would create their own and even project it on to others.

Posted on: 3/4 12:28

Re: Unleash the Buddha Within
Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
This is surprisingly challenging to do, lol. I did notice that it's slightly easier for me if I incorporate the exercise within motion meditation, even just walking. But it was deeply challenging to do all by itself. I guess my head jumps to worry much more than I had thought!

I'll keep at it. Thanks for the challenge, Master Octagon.

Posted on: 3/12 13:54

Apprentice to: Nira
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.