Temple of the Jedi Force : Jedi and weapons [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Creepy forest 3d model.

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 1

Friends and Family
The littlest Darth

Do you know ?
The 16 Teachings of for All Jedi

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
42 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 42

more...

New Members Welcome!
HaydenB067 2018/11/15
ScotFrier 2018/11/15
ifacyzygo 2018/11/15
JayCross25 2018/11/15
ugowazax 2018/11/14
KeenanColb 2018/11/14
AmeeWorden 2018/11/14
ChesterAsh 2018/11/14
JosetteCan 2018/11/14
LeonoreX90 2018/11/14

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jedi and weapons
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Just a thought I had today. How do Jedi feel about using weapons? Martial Arts training, guns, exotic weapons like Wushu Tiger Forks, Twin Tiger Hooks, whips and other types of weapons?

I noticed that although there are stories of people using weapons to stop violence, the media rarely covers them and is more focused on gun control and terror. These appear to be marching orders coming front the top of news organizations. The purpose of which appears to be the spreading of fear for some reason.

Personally, martial arts training has helped me in many ways and I'm thankful for the training I've gotten. It instills better health, greater confidence, and an increased awareness an attunement to the Living Force, among other things. So what do you think?

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?

Attach file:

jpg  Kyudo anzawa.jpg (62.33 KB)
682_5ab13744c6c83.jpg 315X432 px

Posted on: 3/20 10:31

Re: Jedi and weapons
Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
I own a gun, a compound bow, lots of swords and a baton that can become a sword or a spear.

Knowing how to use them all is a benefit to both health of body and mind, knowing when to use them also makes things easy to evaluate.

Martial Arts training as you said has given me a clearer and sharper connection to the world around me and peoples intentions.

The thing with the media and weapons is that if they reported on the positive aspects no one would trust the gun laws or anyone telling them that owning weapons is bad.
If everyone knew that owning a gun or any weapons legally is what the laws are targeting then we'd all be storming Washington D.C. and demanding change in the government and congress, we'd be making shyte the way it was intended to be back in 1776.

The government would actually be working for the people and we wouldn't be indentured slaves to the worthless money we struggle to make.

I believe everyone should own several types of weapons, legally obtained and under the laws of your city, county/province, state and country. You should take proper training courses so you can take care of your weapons and yourself/others properly.

Anyway I will stop prattling on about this now.

*bows*

Posted on: 3/20 13:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I agree. What surprises me is the issue of mental health which is being glossed over.

Posted on: 3/20 17:41

Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
Mental issues can be argued over for centuries and many people will point out the fluoride in the water, the unnecessary chemicals and preservatives in our foods and the chem trails, immunizations and countless other Government related doings as the cause for mental disorders.

The thing is that anyone who has been to a doctor for mental concerns is listed in the BCI database and is supposed to be denied a weapon until mental health evaluations have been addressed.
If people with fire arms have a mental disorder then there are a couple of ways this happened, one they never mentioned any mental concerns and so went misdiagnosed or two they didn't have a mental concern until after they purchased the fire arm and things became noticeable.

*bows*

Posted on: 3/21 13:25

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Greetings Each Bows

The best weapon is ones own Mind (bushido)

Posted on: 3/23 0:39

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Body, mind, and spirit. Each person has strengths and weaknesses based on the Ba Gua animal system. There are many variations but this is the one I studied under.

Tiger - Heaven - Fears nothing. Strong in body, mind, and spirit, cannot be defeated except by himself. Has explosive start in fights but can burn himself out so, little endurance. Fights in the middle of the room. George Foreman

Snake - Earth - Fears everything. Week in body, mind, and spirit. Very cunning and has very long endurance. Prefers to fight in a corner so back is protected. Never forgets a wrong and may seek revenge even if it takes years.

Leopard - Water - Week in body, easily injured, strong mind (cunning), week in spirit, fights best when a crowd is watching. Needs the energy of the crowd. Highly flexible, great at ground fighting, fancy kicks, and likes moves that wows people watching the fight. Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali

Crane - Fire - Strong body, usually tall, thin, muscular. Week in mind, very little flexibility. Starts fighting using basic moves first learned and uses more advanced moves the longer the fight lasts. Strong in spirit, confidence in a logical fight.

There are eight animals all together and hybrids. Each person has a strength and weakness. When the weakness is overcome the person can work on mastery of all the styles making him a dragon, master of all styles.

Some cultures would think of these as spirit animals.

Attach file:

jpg  trigram.jpg (9.87 KB)
682_5ab51a49a9f33.jpg 226X223 px

Posted on: 3/23 9:20

Edited by Octagon on 2018/3/23 20:49:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.