Temple of the Jedi Force : The Truth Behind ‘You Create Your Own Reality’ [Article] [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Face

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
lightsaber sketch #2

Friends and Family
Jedi Awesomeness 1

Do you know ?
What is the 8th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (8 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...

New Members Welcome!
JavierLong 2018/12/15
Emanuelly9 2018/12/15
WilliamSor 2018/12/15
DoyleOakle 2018/12/14
HCZMargari 2018/12/13
IHJSadye79 2018/12/13
ScarlettNe 2018/12/13
IsobelHart 2018/12/13
ulozosap 2018/12/13
CaridadBec 2018/12/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The Truth Behind ‘You Create Your Own Reality’ [Article]
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The Truth Behind ‘You Create Your Own Reality’
by Kathy Gottberg

The phrase, “you create your own reality” has been part of the Western vernacular for at least several decades now. Originally a statement promoted by those with a more progressive perspective on life, the idea behind the phrase is now commonly found everywhere from books, to television, to popular music and in movies. But while I’ll admit that it is empowering to think I influence my world, and easy to imagine that your reality can be very different from mine, obviously that doesn’t mean I can fly just because I want to “create that.” So what does the statement really mean? Is it true? And if yes, how does that lead to a smart and happy life?

First off I think it is important to acknowledge that this is not just another new age statement. While the exact phrase, “you create your own reality” may have come from Jane Roberts back in the 1970s, others have expressed similar ideas for several millennia. The Buddha said, “What you dwell upon you become.” Jesus said, “It is done unto you as you believe.” Hindu mysticism from Shankaracharya says, “Whatever a person’s mind dwells on intensely and with firm resolve, that is exactly what he becomes.” It says in the Talmud, “We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

More recent sages like Ralph Waldo Emerson have said, “We become what we think about all day long.” Walt Disney said, “If you can dream it you can do it.” Napoleon Hill said, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.” Norman Vincent Peale said, “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” Wayne Dyer says, “You see it when you believe it.” And let’s not forget Oprah who repeats this message frequently by saying things like, “Remember, you are co-creating your life with the energy of your own intentions.” There is even scientific support of the idea as I explored in my previous post, The Science Behind “You Get To Make It Up.”

Taking it even further is the work of Abraham-Hicks in their work The Law Of Attraction. As I’ve mentioned before, I was never a big fan of how LOA ideas were promoted through the movie The Secret. Regrettably, at least in my opinion, some of that movie seemed to reduce the entire point of existence on the planet to merely fulfilling our own personal desires and having all the “stuff” any person could ever want. However, after listening to more of Abraham-Hicks I have found underneath all that unconditional approval for how others create their own reality, there is actually a deeper message. That deeper message is one of empowerment where I am always the creator of my thoughts and actions. More importantly, that message is that, what most of us want, even when we think we need “stuff” to make it happen, is to experience meaning, purpose and wellbeing in our lives. Fortunately, with the proper focus that is within our ability.

Again, the message reminds me that regardless of the experience happening around me, how I respond, how I choose to perceive that experience is always my choice. Even when the reality I am going through and observing is not perfect — in fact is sometimes quite ugly — what I choose to take away from any of it is definitely my prerogative. And while I can’t “fly” just because I think it would be fun, I can certainly purchase an airline ticket and go where I want, decide what to see and do on my “journey,” and determine the people who accompany me day-in and day out. From those perspectives I do indeed create my own reality. Perhaps an even better way of thinking about it is that I create the experience of my reality each and every minute.

Another view on this idea came to me this morning while listening to a talk by author and speaker Caroline Myss. A longtime fan, I’ve always appreciated Myss for her blunt honesty and insights. This topic was no exception. In case you’re wondering, Myss does not deny, “we create our own reality.” Instead she raises the question, “Why?” What does it matter if we create our own reality if all we are striving for is to get what we think we want in life? In her opinion, many of us are drawn to it for the sole purpose of creating a safer and more “controllable” life for ourselves. Instead, Myss suggests that the real meaning behind “we create our own reality” is that it is “meant to liberate us”. She continues with, “It’s meant to make you not like the life you have.” It’s primary purpose is to make us start focusing on what our lives can be if we live courageously, honestly and full out. She encourages us to ask ourselves, “How am I creating my reality? From what level?” Am I using it to access the bigger part of me, or the smaller, fearful part that just wants to be safe?

Yet another perspective that offers an even wider view of the topic is the idea of co-creation or inter-being. On the surface most of us tend to approach the idea of “creating our reality” from a surface level dualistic perspective. Maybe the best question is acknowledging a deep interconnection with the Wholeness of Life Itself. From that perspective we are always constantly creating reality and having reality created around us, all at the same time at every moment. No duality. Only One. That’s why a word like co-creation acknowledges that we never act independently of All-That-Is even when we like to think that we do.

What if creating our reality is less about making ourselves feel safe, protected and in control and more about trusting that we can be happy and at peace with the uncertainty of life no matter what occurs? Maybe it’s less to do with making sure everything works perfectly in our favor, to instead seeing everything as it unfolds as already perfect. Chances are good we are here for much more than playing it safe and getting everything we ever thought we wanted. SMART Living 365 suggests that maybe, just maybe, conscious co-creating with the Universe is what we have been looking for all along.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-g ... d-you-get-_b_6780858.html

Posted on: 4/2 10:10

Creating Your Own Reality & The Power Of Thought [Article]
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Creating Your Own Reality & The Power Of Thought
By Alison Stormwolf

Learn how to Become a Conscious Creator and step into your Authentic Power.

We create our own realities, whether we are conscious of it or not. Most of us are unaware of the power of our thoughts and so react to life on "auto-pilot", and therfore create "unconsciously". When we become aware that it is our thoughts that create our reality, we can then consciously choose different thoughts, therefore creating a different reality - this is called "creating consciously". We are the creators of our own life. If we don't like what we have created, we can simply choose to change our thoughts to create a new reality for ourselves - we are more powerful than we realise. We are souls on an evolutionary path, here to experience all that life has to offer - whether it be pain or joy. We choose our pains and our sorrows.

While this concept is now becoming more widely accepted, there are still many out there who will say indignantly, "I did not choose this reality for myself. I would be mad, stupid or both!"

I know that feeling well. I used to wonder why I have created this reality for myself! But I am on the road to find out. I now take full responsibility. The newly released film, 'What The Bleep Do We Know!?' explains the concept of creating our own realities very well. I highly recommend it to you.

We create our realities, whether it be pain or joy, by our self-beliefs. When we understand this, it moves us out of 'victim' and 'blame' role' and into the role of 'Authentic Power', and Creating Consciously, because these experiences, which are simply just 'mirrors' of our beliefs made manifest for us to look at (without judgement), give us the opportunity to learn the lesson in it and change (if we choose).

Simply put.... Change your thoughts and you change your reality. You can continue to create unconsciously, or you can become a Conscious Creator - the choice is always up to you!
"You take your life in your own hands, and what happens?
A terrible thing: no one to blame."
~ Erica Jong ~

"I am the perpetrator of my suffering
- but only all of it."
~ Byron Katie ~

"When you assume responsibility for what you experience
and share what you experience in a spirit of companionship,
that is the same as forgiveness.
When you hold someone responsible for what you experience,
you lose power."
From 'The Seat Of The Soul' by Gary Zukav

"Act is the blossom of thought,
and joy and suffering are its fruits."
~ James Allen, (1864 -1912) - Author of 'As A Man Thinketh' ~

http://www.soul-awakening.com/philoso ... ting-your-own-reality.htm

Posted on: 4/2 10:12

Re: The Truth Behind ‘You Create Your Own Reality’ [Article]
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The attitude we are working on overcoming is, "That's just the way things are and there's nothing I can do about it."

Creating ones own reality means nothing is set in stone unless a person believes it is. To change ones life is to change how one sees life as nothing being set in stone.

In terms of energy flow, any blocks we experience in life is actually an internal energy block brought about by our emotions that block energy flow within the body, mind, spirit. Find and clear out the emotional blockage and energy flows freely again and, by extension, in that part of our life again. Our outer life is a mirror of our inner emotional state. Complete with it's tides and eddies.

Henry Ford - "Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right"

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

"If you have the soul of a Jedi, you are a Jedi."

Posted on: 4/2 10:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.