Temple of the Jedi Force : Dr. John Sarno's Twelve Daily Reminders [Message Boards - Force Healers]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
My wife and I

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
my lightsaber.jpg

Friends and Family
Nick Wilson (Jim's brother.)

Do you know ?
What is the 1st Teaching or Guideline for all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

New Members Welcome!
ihoxudaxo 2018/4/25
ybarol 2018/4/25
JaimieWnc2 2018/4/25
alojy 2018/4/25
iqiziduco 2018/4/24
adojumam 2018/4/24
WallyRigna 2018/4/23
osyvur 2018/4/22
okyquly 2018/4/22
ShaneBrain 2018/4/21

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Dr. John Sarno's Twelve Daily Reminders
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Something to consider if you have any kind of chronic pain. The theory is that chronic pain is cause by unresolved emotional issues. That a person would rather be in pain because the pain is a distraction from have to deal with the emotional issues and stresses in ones life.

Fast EFT deals with the same thing. Basically saying all pain is the result of unresolved emotional issues. Problems such as fears, anger, and rage that we bury and avoid rather then facing. They are expressed by the body as illness. So we work on trying to heal the illness which is a symptom rather then dealing with the cause, the past or present event which we are avoiding simply because we don't want to deal with it.

Dealing with avoidance of our inner pain can also manifest as addictions. We focus on the addiction and it's pain rather then face the real issues which we may even be hiding from ourselves. In some cases avoidance may manifest as depression or a mental illness. The thought is that it's easier to deal with depression then face the emotional cause of the depression which is being avoided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmDB1U3z1Yk
These are the twelve daily reminders from "Healing Back Pain" by John E. Sarno, MD. For more information about TMS, visit http://www.tmswiki.org/ . For community support, to share your success story, or to get your questions answered, visit http://www.tmswiki.org/forum . Please also consider contributing a thank-you letter to Dr. Sarno at http://www.thankyoudrsarno.org .

Here is the text version of the 12 daily reminders:
1. The pain is due to TMS, not to a structural abnormality. 2. The direct reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation.
3. TMS is a harmless condition caused by my repressed emotions.
4. The principal emotion is my repressed ANGER.
5. TMS exists only to distract my attentions from the emotions.
6. Since my back is basically normal there is nothing to fear.
7. Therefore,physical activity is not dangerous.
8. And I MUST resume all normal physical activity.
9. I will not be concerned or intimidated by the pain.
10. I will shift my attention from pain to the emotional issues.
11. I intend to be in control-NOT my subconscious mind.
12. I must think Psychological at all times, NOT physical.

Posted on: 4/11 8:06

Re: Dr. John Sarno's Twelve Daily Reminders
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Customer Review
5.0 out of 5 starsMedical Truth. Buy this book, practice the techniques, and hang in there! You will heal.
ByKyleon May 18, 2014
Format: Mass Market Paperback
After 3 years of chronic low back pain and neck pain, I am healing. John Sarno's diagnosis is the truth, medicine is WAAY far behind in understanding the connection between emotions and illness, especially chronic pain. I bought this book in February with very consistent, badly affecting pain everyday and am now down to a daily 1 or 0 in pain. My biggest advice is HANG IN THERE, the book says it takes 6-8 weeks to heal completely and it has taken me much longer than that, don't be discouraged if you are still in pain after that time frame. Everyone is different and it took me 3 months to get to where I am now but the results are UNBELIEVABLE, pain is almost nothing to me now and in time it will be nothing and chronic pain will only be a memory.

Here are some KEY tips that helped me to heal:

1. Stop covering up your feelings. In the past, if someone said something offensive towards me, I would cover up the feeling by thinking about it, rationalizing why they said, what they said, the context, blah blah blah but the FEELING is what is important. My mind would say I'm not offended but the truth is I am. FEEL THAT FEELING and tell yourself it's ok to feel this. I am ok.

2. Stop letting your thoughts torture you. In the past I would let my head spin in worry for hours and hours, thinking oh maybe this will happen, but what if that happens. Take charge and say NO to your worry thoughts. It will suck for a while because worry is a habit and it takes time to break so you will be stopping your thoughts A LOT but eventually the worry slows down and dissipates. Channel that inner rage at your thoughts. Tell them to shut up! I wont take this abuse anymore, I deserve to feel good and I choose to feel hopeful.

3. Practice positive thinking and prayer. This will vibrationally help you to heal. Feed yourself POSITIVE ENERGY as much as you can, believe in your healing, no matter what the pain is telling you. Listen to My Morning Jacket, spend time in nature, get off Twitter and Instagram and all that noise, pet your dog, think about great things that have happened to you.

4. Journal. Write about what makes you angry, sad, scared, insecure. Write it out. I would oftentimes feel the repressed rage boiling up to the surface as I wrote. This is exactly what the pain is trying to distract you from, it is great to feel that rage there.

5. Cry, scream, beat the hell out of something. Get those emotions moving. If you have chronic pain, you have stale emotions sitting in you. Lay on your bed and breathe deeply into your belly, make a sound as you exhale, this helps to rouse the old emotions, bringing them to the surface. Keep breathing into it and cry it out, beat your pillow, whatever you're feeling.

6. Don't worry about setbacks. I had so many times where the pain would go down, only to come back with a vengeance. I was afraid I would never heal, but the fact that you can get it moving up and down like that at all shows that things are changing. Keep practicing, hold strong, and eventually the pain starts to lose the fight.

Acute pain will always occur with injury such as a torn ligament or strained muscles. But like Dr. Sarno says, Chronic pain is almost always emotionally produced; specifically as a distraction from our repressed emotions.

Go with your gut instinct. You know intuitively if the pain is serving as a distraction from your repressed emotions.

I've found that some key indicators lie in your personality and emotional health. Do you ruminate a lot? Do you have any challenges with depression or anxiety? Do you have any strong emotional "triggers?" I personally answer yes to all of these questions.

Try Sarno's techniques first, see if there's any change. If there is, there's your evidence.

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews ... ive_star&showViewpoints=0

Posted on: 4/11 8:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]