Temple of the Jedi Force : Overview on Jedi Training Lore [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Left Knee Progress 3

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 2--FINAL

Friends and Family
Baby Leia

Do you know ?
What is the 6th teaching of all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...

New Members Welcome!
RKUDeloris 2018/9/21
HanneloreM 2018/9/21
FredaRubeo 2018/9/20
EmilLemus 2018/9/19
TraciRoesc 2018/9/19
AugustaGod 2018/9/19
DouglasGri 2018/9/18
DollyArndt 2018/9/18
NorineBart 2018/9/18
RosalinePi 2018/9/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Overview on Jedi Training Lore
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Using Star Wars and Samurai lore we explore training.

We analyze what it takes to become a Jedi knight and beyond. We explore the many trials and conflicts Jedi learners must overcome to achieve the rank of Jedi knight and what the rank of master means in the order as well. We examine what Jedi training is like and why so many fail to become Jedi of the order.

How to Train Like a Samurai
At Grand Master Tanaka's school, he teaches his students how to fight, kill, and survive using the traditional methods of the Samurai.

We Trained To Become Star Wars Jedi
"The feeling that you've been transported into a universe that you’ve spent your whole childhood adoring is amazing.”

Posted on: 6/27 11:18

Re: Overview on Jedi Training Lore
Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
While I know we stem from the fictional Star Wars universe, I can not help but get irritated when things like this are pointed out for Jedi training, the only video in this list I feel is valid is the Samurai training one.

I feel that for as much as we want to be seen as not fanboys/fangirls and be seen as real world Jedi, that in ding these videos and not stating that it is simply entertainment or study material for philosophy or psychology then we are simply just perpetuating the standard of fans only and pretenders of the path.

So I guess I need to ask What is the reasoning of these Star Wars fan videos?

*bows*

Posted on: 6/27 17:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
That's pretty much why I titled it Jedi training lore. I liked the first part because of information given in detail about aspects of Jedi Trials. Fictional yes but still something to be learned like how important insight is in learning to be a Jedi.
Insight,
1 : the power or act of seeing into a situation : penetration
2 : the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively

That's just one aspect that would benefit a real world Jedi. There are others.

So the question becomes. Is knowledge of more or less value based on it's source? Fan fiction, poems, fictional novels, songs, or should our focus be only on what is written in our doctrine, The Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell, I, Jedi: by Michael A. Stackpole? I would be interested in the thoughts of everyone on this topic.

Great question Master Scythe.

Posted on: 6/27 20:02

Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
The stuff we have in the study downloads is vast and offers aspects of everything needed to be a real world jedi, I believe there are numerous Star Wars Novels in there as well and I will admit the novels offer a real world situational aspect to them in dealing with emotions and situations.

I don't see the fictional teachings rendered in all the fan based youtube videos as lore only biased opinions.
But that is just my opinion on them.

I do however believe we really need to clear out the unnecessary Star Wars stuff and work towards real world teachings and material, after all most of our members were/are military and law enforcement, I am fairly certain some of our members know sufficient survival knowledge that should be shared here.

*bows*

Posted on: 6/27 23:23

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It kinda sounds like you're saying, the example of 'Insight' isn't needed by a Jedi. Fan Fiction is illusion but so is everything in this world. What is real is determined by our focus and our ability to see possible value in everything as everything in this world is
our teacher.

We love to put things in a box, anything inside the box is valid anything outside the box is not. We can go beyond the limits of our understanding by realizing that everything is connected. There is no box. Nothing is valid, yet everything is valid.

"Voidness is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite--there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all beings." - Bruce Lee

Nothing wrong with fan fiction when one is able to look beyond a label and see the lesson in what is being offered, imo.

But I think I understand what you're saying, perhaps we should stick to the basics and keep our personal meditations out of the general forums.

Posted on: 6/28 5:57

Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
I think it depends on the fan fiction for whether it is valid or not.
The first video only shares picked information not the whole of the mythos, that is the issue with fan fiction.

Nice Bruce Lee quote, hitting below the belt there brother! lol j/k

"Be like water. If you put water in a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Water can flow or it can crash, be like water my friend." Bruce Lee

I will flow with whatever anyone teaches as it is not my place to judge, but I feel it is necessary to to let others know that I find it annoying to endlessly quote and use fiction in teaching for real world lessons. As I said just my opinion and people will do what they feel is right.

*bows*

Posted on: 6/28 9:18

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
No problem, I'm glad you spoke your mind. Better to let it out and express yourself then let such things fester within. I admire you for your honesty.

One point, there is value in everything, we just have to find it. A lot of our current technology started as fiction in someone imagination. Perhaps Fan Fiction is like Darth Vader, a lot of people see it as evil but Luke was able to see the good in him.

Quotes are meant to be meditated on and pondered until the meaning is understood, imparting the one who studies it with additional wisdom. Though I admit I sometimes read them smile and move on, yet they do have a place in personal growth.

Since you enjoy Master Lee here's another one.
"The change is from inner to outer. We start by dissolving our attitude not by altering outer conditions." -Bruce Lee

Posted on: 6/28 9:56

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
No problem, I'm glad you spoke your mind. Better to let it out and express yourself then let such things fester within. I admire you for your honesty.

One point, there is value in everything, we just have to find it. A lot of our current technology started as fiction in someone imagination. Perhaps Fan Fiction is like Darth Vader, a lot of people see it as evil but Luke was able to see the good in him.

Quotes are meant to be meditated on and pondered until the meaning is understood, imparting the one who studies it with additional wisdom. Though I admit I sometimes read them smile and move on, yet they do have a place in personal growth.

Since you enjoy Master Lee here's another one.
"The change is from inner to outer. We start by dissolving our attitude not by altering outer conditions." -Bruce Lee
https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/08/01/bruce-lee-notebook/

Posted on: 6/28 10:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]