Temple of the Jedi Force : How to Stop Negative Thoughts and Feelings - Self Healing [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
The SCA and me mix well

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 2--FINAL

Friends and Family
Baby Leia

Do you know ?
What is the 3rd teaching for all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

New Members Welcome!
StaceyVid6 2018/9/24
ilyruben 2018/9/24
azyhugary 2018/9/23
icasec 2018/9/23
ebamy 2018/9/23
MichelineH 2018/9/22
VanNina679 2018/9/22
avyrab 2018/9/22
RKUDeloris 2018/9/21
HanneloreM 2018/9/21

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

How to Stop Negative Thoughts and Feelings - Self Healing
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDlLIXqgKA0
Gregg Braden explains How to Stop Negative Thoughts and Feelings

If you want to prevent negative thoughts from getting to you negative fellings you need to accept... If you can't get troublesome feelings out of your mind, it may have something to do with your life...

There are also some more direct approaches to thought stopping fellings. If your negative thoughts are linked to a specific strong emotion like fear, anger or jealousy...

The easiest way to stop negative thoughts is controlling what you think about. ... (e.g., not voicing your true thoughts and feelings in a clear way...

Happiness doesn't depend on how few negative thoughts you have, but on what ... Feeling solidly peaceful and contented occurs when your mind is quiet.

Posted on: 9/3 7:27

Re: How to Stop Negative Thoughts and Feelings - Self Healing
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Aye..Easier said than done. Intrusive thoughts generally reoccur when energy level is low or sleep patterns are irregular .

Acceptance is key but not easy usually guilt gets in the way. Also depends on the individuals circumstances and what has happened to them.

The basic animal way works well just live in the Now. Past is sad, and anger and cannot be undone Future is fear and the now is Happy but also contains anger because you cannot function without it

Posted on: 9/4 10:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It's all about energy. Dissipating the old energy that has built up over time and replacing it with new energy that changes our focus on lifting up our energy vibrations in life.

It took awhile to build the house we live in and will take awhile to upgrade it.

Posted on: 9/5 9:42

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
Definitely agree. Changing our thought patterns, changing our energy; it all depends on some pretty deeply woven mental tapestries that's been woven over years since childhood. Real change takes time and it takes genuine effort. And the ability to both look honestly within, whilst at the same time being willing to accept help and support from others. It's hard to fix a broken shed with a broken hammer, and sometimes we need others to help us see what's near impossible for ourselves to detect. It doesn't help that as we evolve, the universe will simply up the ante of the challenges, driving us to either continuously grow or stagnate in the dust.

But we can change and we can grow. We can heal and we can move forwards. I am not sure what the ultimate point of all this is, down the line. I don't know if there even is a point, or a deeper meaning. However, stagnating and staying with the familiar dark; it doesn't do anything for us in the long run. We'll miss out on moments, on lessons, on beauty... We'll miss out. Life can be a dredge, but it can also be incredibly beautiful when our eyes are open to it. And more than anything; what is there to lose? All this is temporary. Life itself is temporary, at least this experience of it. Might as well do the best we can with what we have, look for the beauty in it and evolve with the lessons of the universe. And then maybe some day, down the road, we finally discover that meaning and we can look behind feeling OK with what we've done with this run of things. And thinking negatively will never be of aid to us. Negative thinking is just a rope that we tie around ourselves, making the track forwards that much harder. Making us blind to moments that we'd appreciate having. Making us miss lessons that were worth learning from.

I think everyone think negatively from time to time; we're not perfect. But what matters is cutting those ropes so we can move forwards. Remove the shackles, cutting the ropes, doing whatever we can to free ourselves from all the "can't" and "not possible" or "what if" that threaten to hold us back. Focusing on the negative isn't helpful nor is it fruitful. It does nothing for us in the long run. It steals from our inner peace, robs us of our possibilities and meaning. It can be a tough demon on our right shoulder, but can always be defeated with will, love and courage.

I'll be the first to admit that I circle that particular black well often, partly habit and partly physical chemistry (bipolar tend to have serotonin issues); but I always fight back and I come back out of it eventually. It's as they say, temporary as all else. It all passes, also the bad moments. But negative thinking definitely requires will to defeat, will and awareness. We cannot fight what we are unaware of; hence the importance of mindfulness and inner vigilance. When we know it's there, when we feel ourselves sinking, then we can fight back, nurture ourselves and our inner peace, change our focus and come around.

Posted on: 9/5 11:33
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Really nicely put. The energy coming off of you as you typed those thoughts showed a very bright light of conviction, and a focus that channeled the heart of the living force. Channeling the force is what healing is all about. Again well said.

Posted on: 9/6 10:03

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
My spirit is both convinced and focused, it generally knows the way. It's my mind that sometimes gets in the way, lol.

On most days I consider my mind a cute dog that does a lot of weird things, like biting on smelly shoes and peeing on electric fences. It's loveable, but not particularly smart! It can learn a lot of cool tricks, but boy does it get me in trouble with all its shennanigans.

My heart is the 3 year old who just ate chocolate and feel everything 10 times as intensely. It's important to pay heed to, but you might be in trouble if you just follow it mindlessly.

Both heart and mind have their charm, but spirit's got things in order when I can just quiet down the other two, it's crystal clear when I focus with it :)

Posted on: 9/7 9:29
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Tara Brach speaks on Healing Addiction: De-conditioning the Hungry Ghosts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKn4IGY8OH8
This talk examines the suffering that arises when due to unmet needs for love and safety, our desire becomes narrowed and fixated on substitute gratifications. We then explore how we can bring mindfulness and self-compassion to the habits of obsessing, over-consuming and hurting ourselves and others that keep us from true happiness, connectedness and peace.

Posted on: 9/9 11:09

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
She mentions something I never considered about clearing out our insides, how shame usually plays a role in things to be understood and considered.

Posted on: 9/9 13:40

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This pretty much talks about the same thing that Gregg Braden explained. Healing comes from involving heart and mind working together to generate healing. Edgar Cayce got this information in trance from his spirit guides. Gregg Braden got this information from traveling all over the world talking to healers.

Edgar Cayce How to Heal Your Body [FULL VIDEO]

Posted on: 9/16 11:26

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Interesting how they mention that co-operation is the key to self expansion. I think to cooperate means to be in harmony with the Force and therefore all. It also takes us away from self and from selfish thoughts that may limit our abilities.

Also he talks about how judging oneself to much actually weakens your life force. The key is when you catch yourself being critical about you, to stop and think of something else, something more positive which energies your cells and helps with healing.
Example: "I don't like ____ about myself or I don't like when I did ____.

Stop and something positive. "But all that is the past and I'm done living in the past. Everyday I seek to grow strong in the Force and feel it's great energy flowing through me and to all I meet."

Or pick something that works for you to raise your vibrations.

Posted on: 9/16 13:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]