Temple of the Jedi Force : Health depression and drugs. [Message Boards - Force Healers]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
TEMPLE CREST REVAMP SIGNET RING

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Juvehil Kae's Saber Hilt In Progress

Friends and Family
Jim and Rich at Lost Lake in Oregon '05

Do you know ?
What is the 10th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
42 user(s) are online (8 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 42

more...

New Members Welcome!
FBRJoy7240 2018/12/18
JohnieA80 2018/12/17
GenesisSch 2018/12/17
PerryCocke 2018/12/17
TabathaPal 2018/12/17
oqimakoz 2018/12/16
MarkDean44 2018/12/16
KarenBreau 2018/12/16
JavierLong 2018/12/15
Emanuelly9 2018/12/15

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Health depression and drugs.
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Here are some interesting videos on the above listed topic. Bottom line seems to be if you eat like the masses are told to eat you will end up with all kinds of problems just like the masses do.

I've noticed for sometime that if I eat badly, I get all kinds of side effects from those foods and the older I get the more sensitive I become to those side effects. The end side effect usually ends up as depression. It's no wonder, if I get all kinds of pains and problems from not eating foods that actually heal the body I would end up not feeling good about anything. When my diet is on track I feel a lot better and I can feel the end effect of positive energy throughout the day. But as always do your own research and decide for yourself if eating lots of pleasure and comfort eating is worth all the negative side effects they can cause.

How Big Pharma Creates Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqC_z7sFrg

You'll Never See Prescription Drugs the Same After This!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTrl_cimrlI

[Language use caution]
How Big Pharma Deceives you and Keeps you Unhealthy for Profit! - From JRE/#1037 W/Chris Kresser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmwMMIm3mcY

Posted on: 11/24 12:55

Re: Health depression and drugs.
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
Here in Norway big pharma isn't quite the lucrative business, and doctor's tend to advice against medicine these days. Heck, you're lucky if you get a prescription for pain killers even if you feel you seriously need them, lol. And my doctor definitely didn't want me on any anti-anxiety; she believes that stuff will just entrap you in a circle of drug codependency. So the steer away from medication and go for a healthy lifestyle of exercise, proper nutrition and mindfulness is definitely a rage amongst Norwegian doctors, and have been for the last decade. So I don't really feel the same strong distrust for pharma or doctors, because we don't really have those tendencies here where medicine is a business over a service. Here it's state run; and under strict regulation so that everyone will get the health care they need, meaning it's hard to make a profit of it, hence it doesn't turn into a business where doctors make more money the more sick people get.

Posted on: 11/25 6:12
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Good information.

It's amazing how our health is controlled by what we eat. Like they said in the third video unless you are raised to eat clean, it can be really difficult to do so. We are constantly bombarded with commercials and advertisements with foods designed to be cheaply processed and trigger are senses in focused ways. There's also a lot of social pressure to have cookies and donuts at gatherings.

Posted on: 11/25 10:36

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
True. One thing that is still a problem here is how healthy foods, like vegetables and whole-grain stuff is so much more expensive than the unhealthy stuff packed with shoulder. The government started a "sugar tax" a while back; but without making the healthy things more affordable they're not really fixing the problem. Its gotten a wee bit better, but it's still a joke. A sugar tax doesn't solve anything, unless they do something to support farmers so they can have more produce and it can be sold at a cheaper price. It's complicated economy, but not that darn hard so the politicians should really take another look at it.

But for reals, if you're trying to live on a relatively clean diet, it costs a lot more than if you're willing to live off the less healthy stuff. Honestly, as a student I can't really afford living as healthy as I'd like, it's simply too costly :/

Posted on: 11/25 16:01
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The interesting thing about the states is how sugar and corn are subsidized by tax dollars to make them cheaper, so they put it in everything they can as sugar is addictive and corn is used as a cheap filler in a lot of foods here.

Unless you live close to an organic farm or have the space to grow your own foods, it can be expensive but as one person told me you save money in the long run with better quality of life and fewer medical bills. It can be expensive and when I was a student my diet was often fast foods with periods of eating good and some fasting. Even this helped out a lot.

Posted on: 11/26 13:06

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
Definitely in the long run, but that doesn't help if one run out of cash to pay the bills and buy food before next payment day. That said, I can afford more than most students since I have a well paid part-time job on the side, thus I eat better than most as well. At least I do get regular greens, most of the time :D But I also take vitamin supplements and drink only sugar-free stuff. So I dare say I live healthier than a lot of students.

But then again, I got a slightly better economy than most, thus it helps. I remember first time I went to study; I had so little money I ate noodles for weeks at the time, lol. Living near a farm would definitely be great :)

Posted on: 11/27 0:45
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Yes, I remember those lean college years.

Posted on: 11/27 9:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]