Temple of the Jedi Force : Nuts Will Break Your Heart [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
THE CEREMONIAL JEDI BOKKEN---PRODUCTION

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
The first saber I've made that's currently on e-bay.

Friends and Family
Album C 1

Do you know ?
WHAT IS JEDIISM?

Who's Online
41 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 41

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Nuts Will Break Your Heart
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
AVOID NUTS TO FIGHT HEART DISEASE - NEW RESEARCH - The Pulse Wave Velocity test reveals the elasticity of your arteries. Arterial elasticity is strongly associated with risk for heart disease, stroke, and dementia. The nut industry has paid for many studies to see whether nuts improve arterial elasticity. Their results are very mixed, with most studies showing no effect. But these were studies of people eating unhealthy Standard American or Mediterranean Diets. What happens when someone following a healthy plant based diet tests nuts with this modality? Today we bring you the results of a fascinating case study - a longtime healthy vegan following Dr. Esselstyn's diet who used the Pulse Wave Velocity analysis - and found consuming 2 ounces of nuts decreased his arterial elasticity by 20 to 30%, in the hours after the meal. If you're concerned about heart disease, these results confirm the advice of Drs. Ornish and Esselstyn to tightly restrict nut intake, along with other fats. Dr. Esselstyn appears in today's video discussing this test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkC0-sXruM8

I was surprised when I first heard about this but the more I've read about it the more it should be looked into. As always do your own research as no one really cares as much about your well being as you. Everyone else is a consultant. Check with your doctor and if you're not happy find a better one that meets your needs and probably is into holistic medical practice. May the Force light your path.

Posted on: 9/5 13:08

Re: Nuts Will Break Your Heart
Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
This "study" seems rather biased for me, and what, only done with ONE person? Then it's merely anecdotal.

I'm not an expert at diets and nutrition (besides keto but that's a different topic) so I'm just gonna copypaste a comment from the comment section because he has really a good point:

"a few questions spring to mind. why is it automatically assumed that because eating fats temporarily lowers arterial elasticity a few hours later, that it constitutes 'arterial damage', and is therefore a bad thing? could it not just be part of the biological process, like blood sugar temporarily increasing after eating or lactic acid temporarily building up after muscle stress? why would we assume that our endothelial and vascular systems would be in a perfect, ideal state of functional bliss at all times, regardless of other changes to the system (ie, eating in general)? also, is the temporary loss of elasticity 'bad enough' to offset the nutritional benefits of nuts?"

Posted on: 9/8 0:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Nuts Will Break Your Heart
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Someone else in the comments section or it might have been another video raised the same concerns.

There are a host of other videos on this subject giving additional information. As always do your own research and perhaps it will help your health or perhaps it won't, just another point to consider. The named doctors(Dr. Ornish and Esselstyn) can provide additional information.

One thing, off topic that I'm reminded of, I constantly read about people who get tested for allergies finding out all kinds of things they are allergic to, which ended up clearing up a lot of problems for them.

Posted on: 9/8 16:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]