Temple of the Jedi Force : Dark and Gray Jedi Forums [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Hall of Wisdom

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
lightsaber sketch #4

Friends and Family
Jedi Awesomeness 1

Do you know ?
What is the 11th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Dark and Gray Jedi Forums
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I'm putting this up for community discussion. How do members feel about adding Dark and Gray Jedi Forums?

The purpose as I see it would be to discuss how Jedi should relate to these things, experiences, and even expand the lessons presented in 'The Cave' exercise. My thoughts but looking forward to reading your's as well.

Posted on: 10/11 13:02

Re: Dark and Gray Jedi Forums
Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
I still fail to see why we designate Jedi teachings and life as Light/dark and grey, Jedi are supposed to learn the ways of the force and the totality of life so why not just make it all the same forum.

My hand book doesn't separate the teachings they maybe listed as Light and dark but they are all part of the lesson of being a true Jedi and a true humanitarian.

Just my opinion.

*bows*

Posted on: 10/11 19:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Well said Master Scythe. Anyone else like to share their opinions on this topic?

Posted on: 10/13 13:47

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
I hate to be so in between, lol, but I see both arguments. I love the idea of expanding the temple into more studies - but at the same time, Master Scythe hits the nail on the head: it's all the Force, so why pick sides?

I actually find it helpful as a matter of perspective, though. If I think of my training as on any one side, I unwittingly ignore (or even avoid) the other. It's also a bit fun to play with all the identities and the connotations associated within them. I believe it helps develop a holistic approach to one's studies. Exercises and lessons within each (light, gray, and dark) in order to be a well-rounded Jedi?

Posted on: 10/17 20:15

Apprentice to: Nira

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Greetings

Master Octagon, we had a similar chat a little while ago. Some will state there is definite Light and dark side. Not forgetting that Jedi and the Force of either light and dark are a fictional creation. However there is a philosophy which will depend on how any individual viesw it, thats what makes us who we are. Most of us are like thinking people be will always have as light difference of view that is quite natural.
The individual makes the distinction at any one given time of either being light or Dark In my opinion you have to have a balance in purety there should not be either that would be enlightenment. As I see it the Light generally has a set of guidlines which one is expected to follow IE the teaching the code and the Cread, The Dark side generally says you do what you think is right there are no rules. A samurai was never expected to give an oath his word was enough.
The conversation could go on for ever it is a circle. The Force or KI as I call it has no distiction of either it is neither positive nor negative it just is.
Aikido is a good example applied technique causes much discomfort but disapates instantly when released.
I'm going to stop there lol.-

Posted on: 10/18 11:35

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I always liked the phrase that the main difference between the Jedi and the Sith is the that the Sith are motivated to do everything to serve themselves, the Jedi seek to serve others. Yet, to help others you have to be a bit self-centered or you will be walked all over by the needs of others. So balance must be found.

Good, evil, or gray, often boil down to judgement calls given by those who are judging others based on observed acts. This is something we learn at an early age so the concept of stepping outside of ourselves and being a non-judgment observer is often a very difficult one to even understand, let alone master.

In terms of karmic laws, we actually judge ourselves based on our intent. We become our own judge, jury, and jailer. Which is sometimes why so many people develop issues based on suppressed guilt, lack of self love, and self compassion.
Conversely by generating good karmic focus, we open ourselves up to finding our soulmates, finding the perfect job, or perfect self employment ventures, and also get coined as 'lucky' because we usually find ourselves at the right place at the right time, most of the time.

There is always a need to understand it's not so much what happens to us, it's how we react to it, that determines our success. Sometimes, we don't really understand the darkness or our fears, we often end up being dominated by them. So the focus would be understanding and inner domination as opposed to controlling others, and an expansion of using the the Force for greater knowledge and defense.

Posted on: 10/20 11:09

Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
Hey all!

I'm with Master Scythe on this topic.
To be honest, I don't even really understand, what are the actual differences between Jedi vs Gray Jedi or Dark Jedi vs Sith (latter more like technically speaking).
I already talked about things that somehow are considered dark side approaches but I fail to see why when only produces good results with good intentions and even good tools. (like the matter of how we handle emotions and passion - some agreed, some did not, but the world is colourful because it's not black and white )

In the fiction, Gray Jedi imho was just a label to put on individuals with different approaches to the same problems (providing with the same good intentions, of course). Master Qui-Gon Jinn was considered a gray Jedi *only* because he saw the weaknesses of the (prequel-era) Jedi Order and did not agree with the Council in everything. (Other example people usually come up with is Jolee Bindo from KoTOR but as far as I know, he doesn't even consider himself a Jedi at all. Correct me if I am wrong )
So it is more like a matter of authority rather than actual differences in teachings and views. So in my opinion, in the world of fiction, if the Jedi Council was more open-minded, observing and flexible, the term Gray Jedi would lose its meaning because Jedi in general may differ in ways they solve issues and conflicts. Of course, it has its own limitations and moral problems too but I believe it's not really an issue when someone truly listens to the Force.

There is the Force Academy Forum - which I long promised myself to involve into more - there are lots of amazing material on this topic, there maybe I can find my answers to the questions I asked above.

Posted on: 10/24 0:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]