Temple of the Jedi Force : Releasing the Year (Labyrinth Meditation) [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Failure

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Apprentice Saber Progress

Friends and Family
Me and the new wife 2

Do you know ?
What the 15th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Releasing the Year (Labyrinth Meditation)
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
The Jedi Community doesn't exactly have "traditions". I mean, there's this one I tried to make a tradition, but it really became too cumbersome to continue year after year, it's called "The Force Realists Meditation Relay" and it was intended to become a New Year's tradition. The idea actually came from a Richard Irvine for the FA. But it never ended up happening, so I took it to a broader audience. Each year, we tried to get 24 people to meditate for an hour apiece over the course of 24 hours as the Earth entered into the new Year (based on Christmas Island's timezone- the first timezone that enters 1 January each year).

Over the years I began trying to come up with something that made the relay more "worthwhile". Giving a purpose to the Meditation, rather than asking people to find their own meaning for the meditation during that hour of time. But we had issues- like people getting their hours confused and taking up another hour. It just didn't coordinate well...so this year Ashton Ezell, Chris Schinestuhl and I got to talking about establishing a different New Year's Meditation Tradition- built around a Labyrinth: Releasing the Year.

Tonight, Gabriel Calderon and I got to talking about this and fleshing it out a bit further. I hope to have the labyrinth written up for everyone in the very near future- one for individuals and one for a group of people so that you all can have it for this coming New Year's. :). It is my hope that this might be something we can (as a community-all Force Realists) take forward and carry as a personal tradition. When I'm done writing it, I'll post it to this thread. ^^

Posted on: 11/15 21:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Releasing the Year (Labyrinth Meditation)
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Since I finished this up on my work computer, I uploaded it to Google Docs. It’s about 6 pages long (mostly explanation of the functions, the last page is the bare bones of the ceremony). Since most of you will probably -not- do this in a group, the only relevant parts are provided below the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wh ... eysWsgDk/edit?usp=sharing

To be done between 10AM GMT Dec 31-10AM GMT Jan 1, use eco-friendly candle.

INDIVIDUAL/PAIR CEREMONY
Entering the Labyrinth (if with a second person, allow about a minute between entry), think on everything that has occurred during the previous year.
Once at the center, begin your meal/snack/drink and talk about the things you have experienced over the year (good and bad). If you are alone in the Labyrinth, speak aloud to the Force or your deity. If you are accompanied by a friend, have a conversation about each other’s year (good and bad).
When you are ready to exit, each person should light their candle from the campfire and begin the journey to the entrance of the Labyrinth in preparation to release the year.
Once at the entrance, before stepping beyond the line to exit the Labyrinth, if you have something to say about/to the previous year this is the time to make such statements. At the end of your goodbye to the year, say “I now release (old year) into the Force” blow out the candle, step out of the labyrinth and state “and enter into (new year)” (if you have a friend along, they will repeat this release).

Dispose of the candle either through burial or in a river before 10 GMT Jan 1.

Posted on: 11/24 17:53

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Someone brought up that they don't know where there is a labyrinth near them that they could use. So I've got three things for you all ^^:

First: https://www.labyrinthlocator.com < That has been a great help in finding permanent locations I can use when I don't want to craft one.

Second: I DO have a kit I use to make my labyrinths. It's comprised of little Plant stands you can get at Lowes. I've used string to help outline the path along, and I can put candles on them in mini shot glasses (which managed to fit into the plant holders) that I got for super cheap at an Old Time Pottery. If you have a stable surface (like a slab of cement or something) you can use tealights.

Third: Last year, on the fly, me and a local Jedi decided to do a Labyrinth. We mapped it in our heads and used a tree as the center point. Walked in a clockwise spiral towards the tree until we go to it, and on our way out walked a counterclockwise spiral until we got to the opening.

:)

Posted on: 11/25 8:34

Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
Not a single labyrinth in my town and not sure as if there is any in my country at all. I'd love to do this meditation as its symbolics resonate with me so much and I like doing ceremonial Jedi stuff so why not... I don't fully understand your way of making a labyrinth so I'd be glad to be helped out in this :D

On the other hand, the tree method seems brilliant to me!

Posted on: 2019/12/2 5:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]