Temple of the Jedi Force : Interested to hear your thoughts [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Stargazer Dagger Inlay

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
my lightsaber.jpg

Friends and Family
blah

Do you know ?
What is the 4th teaching of the Jedi?

Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...

New Members Welcome!
Svan 2020/7/12
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4
BackwoodsJedi 2020/5/28
wacarp71 2020/5/23
gu1hjujtbrk2 2020/3/12
SunnydaleWarrior 2020/1/28

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Interested to hear your thoughts
Disciple
From Kansas
Group:
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Disciples
Initiates
I've had this thought for a while about how I think the human race as a whole, living on this blue marble, should progress. Things like world hunger could've been eliminated decades ago, diseases like Polio could've been eradicated worldwide long before 2015, homelessness needn't be a thing, multi-generational poverty or poverty period needn't be a thing, global warming could've been stopped long ago, education could be taught by people who know how and are treated with the respect they deserve, etc etc etc.

I know people talk about that a lot but it genuinely pisses me off when I see or hear about something that doesn't need to be an issue. The solution was made years and years ago, but simply wasn't implemented. For instance, I think I've mentioned this before but I'm gonna re-iterate, a vaccine for SARS was invented and approved for human use in 2004. Ready for production. It was never put into production because no pharmaceutical company would make money on it so they just never made it. If they had simply made the vaccine, hundreds if not thousands of people would not be dead right now due to COVID-19 because we'd have something to work from. It pisses me off. They simply didn't make it.

I think a lot of us envision a utopia. A perfect place where we can live our lives free, without worry, and happy. I want that. Theres no arguable reason why everyone can't have that. We should be striving for that. I don't talk to too many people about the extent of my ideas, in fact I'm not even sure my girlfriend knows just how deep I've taken some of them but you all here? I trust you. We've had disagreements at times, ideological differences, training, our creativity, made friends, shared our highs and lows, shared our very lifestyles with each other.

So... I want to share with you all something I've been working on since November at least. I've only got a couple posts up but trust me there are a lot more I'm working on.

worldunityinitiative.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think.

Posted on: 5/3 15:47

Re: Interested to hear your thoughts
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
That's not how it works. The Vaccine for an old strain of SARS wouldn't work for a new one. Case Study: Swine Flu was another form of Flu. But every year we have to develop two different Flu vaccines because we don't know which one is going to take, and neither did anything against H1N1.

The real question is- will they do the same thing this time around? Will they create a vaccine and then not implement it?

Posted on: 5/3 16:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
As for your website- I love your picture. :). But overall...there are massive problems with it.

Let's start with Language. I actually use to think the same way you do. But as I started diving into myths from around the world for a project called "The Jedi Sextant" (A meditative card deck inspired by the Fiction's "Jedi Behaviors"), I found out just how upset people are that their languages are dying because a more popular language in their area is taking over. Their languages are a core part of who they are spiritually and culturally. Taking that away from them is like taking away a part of their family. And while it may seem like it's just an older generation holding onto it, that's not entirely true. There are younger generations that are trying desperately to preserve their nearly extinct languages because they feel a loss of identity.

Information preserved in their myths loses something when they are translated over as well. So being able to have the original language intact allows them the ability to maintain that history.

If the languages are forced upon them, that makes us no better than missionaries that forced people to leave behind their gods and turn to the Abrahamic God.

On the topic of a One World Government. It's a great dream, but it's an unrealistic one. Every problem imaginable with the idea is present within the United Nations. It is because our values are very different from culture to culture. You would have a hard time overcoming the problem of extremes in Sharia Law, for example. And even if you managed to for the sake of government, you won't necessarily get rid of it at the local level where most problems take place.

Posted on: 5/3 16:27

Disciple
From Kansas
Group:
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Disciples
Initiates
I've added a bunch of new posts to the blog.

Posted on: 6/23 15:46

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The more I study this stuff the more I realize that others will always be free to do their own thing the way they think it should be done. In the end the only thing that will matter is our relationship with the living force. From there comes guidance and wisdom. The way of the the living force is a path that protects, guides, and prospers us, when we are in harmony with it.

Posted on: 6/23 20:38

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
It would be nice to all live in harmony, but it's an impossible dream as human nature is naturally violent and full of conflict. Things such as money, power, race, and religion will always be causes of war.

We as individuals can only hope to do the best we can to bring peace to the environment we reside and hope others follow suit.

Posted on: 7/1 8:16

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force guides me through the Shadows"

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Indeed Master Arigorn . The Chaos theory .. The gentle flapping of a Butterfly leads to a tornado in some far of country four days later. Harmony is interrupted by events and actions of others who you have no connection with you but you end up being consumed in it in some form or another. EG A man is killed by a Policeman in the USA days later our monuments are being obliterated with graffiti, The Cenotaph in London being one of them so I end up being linked to it via a Veterans group /"

Posted on: 7/1 9:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]