Temple of the Jedi Force : A though, fear anxiety etc [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
my sister Rebekah and me posin

Do you know ?
What is the 5th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
24 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 24

more...

New Members Welcome!
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4
BackwoodsJedi 2020/5/28
wacarp71 2020/5/23
gu1hjujtbrk2 2020/3/12
SunnydaleWarrior 2020/1/28
Davin_Berus 2020/1/1

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A though, fear anxiety etc
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Greetings Good People Bows

Took this from a friend of mine Quite relevant as there is so much information being spread all other the world and most of it very confusing, misleading and in some cases completely fake.Every one has an opinion based on what they think they know to be true which is fine, However who is to know that information that individual has is accurate. I've altered a few words so it fits in with Jediism but actually it did anyway :)

Jedi Martial artists ; some thoughts on the situation.

There are two main fears prevalent at the moment; the Covid 19 virus and the attacks on our civil rights from various directions. Both are real, both are valid, and both do need defending against. Having said that, rampant fear and panic solves nothing, it makes matters worse. So the problem lies in determining how much of a threat each is and and reacting accordingly rather than out of panic.
Many folk are so freaked out by the mainstream media's fear drenched coverage of the virus (and I don't blame them), that the ongoing threats to our democracy are going largely unnoticed. Times of crisis are the optimal times for politicians, religions, big business and other unscrupulous players, to force changes that the public won't normally tolerate.
Fear soaked populations are very susceptible to manipulation, and there are fortunes to be made at the moment, both in terms of money and power.
In addition, long-term fear in an individual is highly destructive to health, both mental and physical and to all of their relationships. It can easily become a neurosis and is then very difficult to overcome. Look at the response from many people about opening our society again, they are terrified of dropping the lock-down, exhibiting a lot of anger at those who know we need to normalise this situation - which is rooted in that fear. This prevents clarity of thinking about anything else and is also highly contagious. Nothing spreads faster than fear.

Getting to the relevant part; martial artists deal in overcoming and controlling our fears every day, every lesson. It's part and parcel of being a Jedi ( the martial arts), we are experts in this. So we should be in a position of having more self-control over our fears than most others. That being the case, it's therefore part of our responsibility as trained human beings to calm down a still panicking population with our example. It's also the responsibility of cooler heads to keep a check on the background whilst the others are scared and focusing exclusively on the foreground. It's no use confronting scared people with logic, they can't hear you. So all we can really do is to put out positive thoughts/feelings/actions/posts etc, helping that fear to subside through example, until the rest of society are back on-line (metaphorically),and thinking for themselves from a non-adrenalised base. Then we can all get back to dealing with more serious but less direct problems.
Some practical things we can do so that we don't get caught up in fear ourselves are; Stop watching The News 24/7 so that you don't soak up more anxiety yourself (we can check the current situation in 2 minutes of headlines every 3 days), we don't need the in-depth scaremongering in our heads; Stretch and breathe a lot to induce endorphin release and calm yourself. If you know how to, meditate.

Try not to feed into other peoples' fears, online or in person - saying nothing is better than getting into endless fear fuelled arguments that you won't win.

OSU Bows

Posted on: 5/17 23:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A though, fear anxiety etc
Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
Awesome writing!

It's so hard to make people understand that if we are against panic, doesn't mean we are against the safety regulations, too. It's always better to act from a calmer point of view and give people some perspective. It's all about the mindset but for some reason when I mention this to anyone, they would practically call me a murderer or a conspiracist, sadly even some people (Jedi included) I thought are more inteligent than this.

Posted on: 5/22 11:29

Re: A though, fear anxiety etc
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Hi Judit San
Indeed my friend. Hope all is well with you :)

Posted on: 6/1 8:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]