Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
Jim and Lynn's youngling.  (Peep the Mohawk!)

Do you know ?
That you can have a custom avatar?

Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (6 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...

New Members Welcome!
Svan 2020/7/12
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4
BackwoodsJedi 2020/5/28
wacarp71 2020/5/23
gu1hjujtbrk2 2020/3/12
SunnydaleWarrior 2020/1/28

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

The Path
Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Greetings,

I am curious what brought everyone here to the path of Jediism. Every journey has a beginning, we were all introduced through the movies but that is not specifically what brought us here.

The way of Jediism has many paths, do you remember yours?

I will share mine.

As a child I was raised in a Christian home believing in God, which I still do, that has not changed but my faith is in the morals and code of good rather than everything in the bible,the study of Jediism, the codes align with my beliefs.

As I was saying I grew up watching the Star Wars movies and occasionally reading some of the books, but my interest in learning more about the Jedi Way never came until during a dark time in my life I found the Knights of the Old Republic games on Xbox, as the game acts as a RPG and I realized my answers gave different results it taught me alot about the path. Remembering back in high school I used to study Bushido the way of the Samurai I could see the similarities. I then began to research what Jediism was online, as I began my search I found many online temple of like-minded people and I made sure to look at everyone I came across, When I reach Temple of the Jedi Force, this one. A wave of calm, peace and balance came over me and as I read the message boards I knew I found the place that was meant to be my online home. I researched the Temple to learn of its Masters and Trainees, eventually I found Master Scythe who took me on as his Apprentice and I began my training. I am grateful. I was an Intiate, I was an Apprentice, I was a Knight, I am now a Master, I am a Jedi.

This is my way,

What's yours?

Posted on: 7/10 8:00

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force guides me through the Shadows"
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The Path
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Greetings Master Arigorn /" Osu

I was already following Bushido a transion whin my study of Japanese Arts. My Martial Arts Master found the 'Other site' and I joined with him. What I found there, did not fit in with my way of thinking or feelings. Then I found this site and it has gone on from there.
Over time it seems my choice of Guardian is most app. I am a typical retainer, Charge forth with out fear smash everthing which does not appear to be right and then ask why afterwards lol.
I suspect some of that is instilled from Military Engineering,. Being a Sapper if it didn't move and it should move we blew it up. If it moved and shouldn't move it was bodged with whatever was available.
My jouney has had a few bumps as many know. Oddly I find my self drawn to the dark side of Ki, my study in this is not what people assume it it to be. Like most things in life. Contoling the masses in my opinion prevents people finding the truth.
I study many things now I love the philosophy of Tao. I just take a number of things which are conducive to my way of life and as honest as it can be and make sure you do your very best to live by it,
Do not be undone in 'The Way' Be useful to your Master, Honour and Compassion for the sake of Man.
(" osu

Posted on: 7/13 10:23

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Thank you for sharing Mike,

I hope others follow suit because this can give everyone at the temple an understanding as to the motivation behind everyone of us and what brought us here. The different paths we have taken in Jediism and life through our decisions.

I am intrigued to hear everyone's path or journey.

Posted on: 7/13 10:37

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
As a kid I loved the Star Wars movies and found this site on an advertisement link that was on Myspace back when it was very popular.

I was always attracted to the supernatural and the current world conditions have served to amplify that love.

Throughout my life I've also always been attracted to the martial arts and the study has helped to make me the person I am today as well as saving my bacon more than a few times.

The best thing about this site as how it started me on the path to daily meditation which has helped me in so many ways I can't begin to list all the benefits.

Posted on: 7/14 18:44

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Thank you Master Octagon for sharing.

*Bows*

Posted on: 7/15 7:25

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

Master
From Planet Earth
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
I come from a rough background.
That's as much detailas I will leave here.
Like my Master has stated, I too have a deep affinty to martial arts studies, as they are like breathing to me. (Come to think of it my bacon has been saved a time or 2 thanks to MA)
This place has helped me in such a way that I might never truly be able to pay it back.

I have Master Jinn Osiris to thank for helping find this place.I was looking for something different. Something with a different feel, more resonant energy. The vibe was right and I have been here since.
Through everything rough, extreme or not, the force has been guiding me well for a longtime now.
Some of us stumble, some of us fall.
The force will always embrace us.

Returning again it almost feels surreal..

Posted on: 7/15 10:46

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Thank you for sharing Duro.

Posted on: 7/15 10:57

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

Master
From OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
When I grew up I religion was not a thing that was even really spoken of, thus not practiced. It wasn't until my early years of high school where I was introduced to Christianity. Over the years I would become involved in various things in that arena, and it did not fit with me. I always came to walls of hypocrisy, and many things relating to that made me fall away from Christianity. To be honest, I was anti-any religion for a long time.

Fast forward many years, and I knew I was missing something in my life. Basically I wanted a religion that had teachings I could believe in. So the way I found the door to my path was as basic as could be...I typed world religions in a search engine and started looking through them, when I came across Jediism. I'll admit I was skeptical at first, who wouldn't be? A religion based on the Star Wars movies? I was a fan of the movies, so I checked out the site where I met three people that changed my view forever: Master Keyan, Master Kyp, and Master Merin. I studied the Doctrine, the beliefs...everything, and it was EXACTLY what I had been looking for. So this was the start of my path towards being a Jedi, though looking back I could argue that my REAL path began when something inside was telling me I wasn't where I belonged in studying Christianity all those years ago.

I came here because of the religion of Jediism. I know this site is not really into the religion part of it anymore, which is too bad, but that is what lead me here.

Posted on: 7/15 12:08

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Thank you Master Ang.

Posted on: 7/15 12:08

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

Master
From Planet Earth
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Aang, I think those of us that come and go and return, again and again.
The "lifers" are the ones that still follow the lessons of Jediism.
We have to continue to follow what has helped us all so much.
Funny, why do I feel like this may just be the birth of "The Old Guard"

What do you all think?

Posted on: 7/20 15:42

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.