Temple of the Jedi Force : The most powerful longevity hack has nothing to do with diet and exercise. (Article) [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Left Knee Progress 5

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 1

Friends and Family
Hall of Wisdom

Do you know ?
What the 7th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
26 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 26

more...

New Members Welcome!
Ronen 2020/12/21
SetHeru 2020/12/8
Annanatia 2020/11/17
Espatier 2020/8/23
Svan 2020/7/12
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The most powerful longevity hack has nothing to do with diet and exercise. (Article)
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
TO 'GROW YOUNG', ONE ACTION MATTERS MORE THAN OTHERS

"Whereas diet and exercise are important, the social connection and the soft drivers of health — how you live your life, mentally, and socially — are even more important," science journalist Marta Zaraska tells Inverse.

Zaraska recently synthesized the bulk of research on soft health drivers in her book, Growing Young: How Friendship, Optimism, and Kindness Can Help You Live to 100.

These drivers can reduce mortality from 45 percent up to 65 percent. Unlike most wellness fads, they're pleasurable — no cutting back on something you love — and a lot easier than sticking to the latest diet or popping supplements.

"These soft drivers are fun," Zaraska says. "They make life better and nicer — not just for you but for people around you as well."

LONGEVITY HACKS is a regular series from Inverse on the science-backed strategies to live better, healthier, and longer without medicine. Get more in our Hacks index.

HOW THIS AFFECTS LONGEVITY — For years, Zaraska was swept up in the search for so-called "fountain of youth" products. She was obsessive about feeding her child nutritious food and would often jump on the latest wellness trend.

While researching for a new story, Zaraska stumbled across a trove of data suggesting these shortcuts were less able to promote longevity than she — and likely many others — realized. She learned it was probably more worthwhile to help out a neighbor than put collagen into her coffee.

"I really learned that I wasn't putting all my energy where it should be going and spending too much time and too much effort and money on things like chia seeds and goji berries and all the 'miracle foods' of the day," Zaraska recalls. "I should have been putting more effort into simple things like friendships, spending time with my husband, trying to be kinder, more optimistic, and more organized."

What you eat and how you move your body still matter for living long: Diet and exercise can lower our mortality risk by about 35 percent. But at the same time, social connections — with romantic partners, friends, community members, and neighbors — can lower the mortality risk by about 45 percent to 65 percent.

Soft health drivers have positive effects on emotions, which in turn, have cascading positive effects on physiology. The underlying mechanisms appear to be connected with tamping down stress and inflammation, increasing feel-good chemicals like oxytocin and serotonin, and supporting brain health.

Here's the full article:
https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/soft ... s-influence-longevity/amp

Posted on: 2020/11/23 15:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.