Temple of the Jedi Force : Christian Jedi, Forum, and training hall - thoughts? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
An elgant weapon from a more civilized time

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
Me.

Do you know ?
What is a Jedi

Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...

New Members Welcome!
TamiBosch 2021/4/16
Patricia98 2021/4/16
AdrieneLow 2021/4/16
ShellyErdm 2021/4/14
MarcelBerr 2021/4/14
AdelaidaRu 2021/4/14
SherryCorr 2021/4/13
RogelioGzt 2021/4/12
CarrolY640 2021/4/11
FlossieBla 2021/4/11

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Christian Jedi, Forum, and training hall - thoughts?
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I'm thinking about creating a Christian Jedi forum, training hall, and perhaps even a group tag to add to your profile, and/or rank badge.

Interested in what people think about this. I find the positive energy helps me deal with neutralizing the global fear that's being spread and how to spiritually/physically prosper during these times as some are doing.

Attach file:

jpg  Christian Jedi Masters.jpg (27.36 KB)
682_5fe7c586b09b2.jpg 324X499 px

Posted on: 12/26 17:16

Re: Christian Jedi, Forum, and training hall - thoughts?
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
There are advantages to having this, but something I'm worried about is that it will alienate those who are non-Christian. At Force Academy, I created 4 courses for the Judeo-Christian studies while I had someone else try to pick up creating Pagan courses. This is part of the Mystic Training Program, where you get to choose 3 different theological courses in addition to the mandated courses for the Master's degree in Mystic Studies. But really it's taken us too long to get the Pagan studies together (of which I have 2, and need 2 more- we've had the Christian ones for nearly a year now). I've actually had people that came to me feeling uneasy because we only had the Christian studies present, and I had to assure them we have Pagan studies coming.

So from my own experience on the topic, if you make space for Christian Jedi, you need to make space for other religious Jedi as well. I'm not sure what the predominate alternative would be here- I choose Pagan because I use to be one and can come up with material on it. But I've also got plans to create at least one for Buddhism on the 8 Fold Path, and I'm trying to figure out if I can find something relating to other Asiatic religious groups (Shinto, possibly something from Korea, and maybe something out of China).

Posted on: 12/28 9:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Knight
From Houston Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
I don't like the idea of labeling people as 'christian jedi' or 'jewish jedi' or 'pagan jedi' on the forum. Here at the temple we are all 'Jedi'...isn't that enough? Study other religions of course, talk about your backgrounds, sure, personal preference and all, but here at the end of the day we are simply Jedi. Let's not start the 'well I'm a ___ Jedi, so I know more about ___ than you do' or 'I'm a pure Jedi, so I'm a better Jedi than you' schtick...I've seen far too much of it in my lifetime already.

Posted on: 12/28 17:51

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Yeah, Dina makes a really good argument. I remember those "I'm a pure Jedi" discussions...

Posted on: 12/28 20:59

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Temple of the Jedi Order have different rites I believe it's called that do pretty much the same thing for specialization.

I think it's important that a Jedi continues to grow and expand on their knowledge. It's probably no coincidence that the Christian portion was easiest to setup in terms of Force energy studies. If someone wants to consider working on other religion studies that should not be a problem as growth is encouraged, IMHO.

Before the TOTJO/TOTJF split, the picture below was one of the logos we used, and there were a lot of discussions about different religions and Jediism working together.

Thank you for the feedback. Looking forward to more.

Attach file:

jpg  world-religions.jpg (140.92 KB)
682_5feaae1ed0943.jpg 500X481 px

Posted on: 12/28 22:18

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
As a matter of record, ToTJO has since done away with the discussion boards that once had "Abrahamic Rite", "Pagan Rite", "Buddhist Rite" and "Pureland Jedi Rite". I never found out why, though I imagine it may have something to do with what Dina mentioned above.

Rosalyn and I are looking at the possibility of building a Christian study program for those that want to engage in it, but we're not sure if it'll actually get approved.

Posted on: 12/29 10:13

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Huh, I spoke a bit too soon, they still have them- though a bit more hidden than before. And they aren't called Rites anymore, they are just discussions areas to talk about the different ideologies. They DID get rid of "Pureland" though.

Posted on: 12/29 10:22

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Thanks for the update, it's been awhile since I checked them out.

Posted on: 12/29 22:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]