Temple of the Jedi Force : Neuroscientist talks about healing depression, fear, PTSD. [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Cdaee's lightsaber progress

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 2--FINAL

Friends and Family
JeRegretRiens ~ RegretNothing

Do you know ?
What is the 2nd teaching for all Jedi?

Who's Online
42 user(s) are online (8 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 42

more...

New Members Welcome!
RubyePzy28 2021/4/9
Dexter7374 2021/4/8
HJDMariann 2021/4/7
ShayneDura 2021/4/7
Milan12630 2021/4/3
JulietaLef 2021/4/1
GraigSheal 2021/3/30
CharityMob 2021/3/27
KelleyBeat 2021/3/26
JohnnieArr 2021/3/26

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Neuroscientist talks about healing depression, fear, PTSD.
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I good video about how your mind influences your health and can even change your DNA structure. Lots of talk about managing depression and fear and PTSD. From a scientist who discovered and documented different treatment models.

New theories for those dealing with depression. A new look at how thoughts create things in your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4DeCV31YY

Dr. Caroline Leaf is a communication pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist with a Masters and Ph.D. in Communication Pathology and a BSc Logopaedics, specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. Since the early 1980s, she has researched the mind-brain connection, the nature of mental health, and the formation of memory. She was one of the first in her field to study how the brain can change (neuroplasticity) with directed mind input.

During her years in clinical practice and her work with thousands of underprivileged teachers and students in her home country of South Africa and in the USA, she developed her theory (called the Geodesic Information Processing Theory) of how we think, build memory, and learn into tools and processes that have transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), learning disabilities (ADD, ADHD), autism, dementia and mental ill-health issues like anxiety and depression. She has helped hundreds of thousands of students and adults learn how to use their minds to detox and grow their brains to succeed in every area of their lives, including school, university, and the workplace.

Dr. Leaf is also the bestselling author of Switch on Your Brain, Think Learn Succeed, Think and Eat Yourself Smart, and many more. works She teaches at academic, medical, and neuroscience conferences, churches, and to various audiences around the world. Dr. Leaf is also involved in the global ECHO movement, which trains physicians worldwide on the mind-brain-body connection, mental health, and how to avoid physician burnout.

Dr. Leaf is currently conducting clinical trials using the 5-step program she developed while in private practice to further demonstrate the effectiveness of mind-directed techniques to help relieve mental ill-health problems such as anxiety, depression, and intrusive thoughts. The primary aim of these trials is to make mental health care more affordable, applicable, and accessible worldwide, and to reduce the stigma around mental health. It was truly an honor to have her on The School of Greatness podcast!

Posted on: 3/15 14:45

Re: Neuroscientist talks about healing depression, fear, PTSD.
Apprentice
From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
This is an interesting video. I agree with the overall message the Dr. Leaf is saying. I feel that These principles are central to a Jedi’s outlook. It made me think of the Jedi Code. It sort of covers the Code in its entirety. I like that she separates the mind and brain. The brain being the physical thing inside your skull and the mind which is so much deeper.

I don’t necessarily agree with her wording of some of the things regarding mental illnesses. The majority of the mental illness section, I had mixed views on. (I had a whole paragraph typed out going into it, but it was so back and forth it became confusing)

I enjoyed this line as well, “keeping yourself in a state of mental peace comes from being aware every 10 seconds.” It’s just kind of a good reminder to us specifically, that we need to always be mindful of our thoughts in passing moments.

When she started talking about this with kids, I completely agree. It’s very important to talk about feelings with kids and teach them how to express and manage these feelings. Also, to tell them that what they are feeling is valid (even if it doesn’t make any sense or is insignificant, it’s real to them).

3 truths (a question asked at the end of the video. What are 3 lessons that you would leave behind, if this was all that the world had to remember you?):
1. The mind is something that you can control.
2. The “How to,” how to do this and develop it further.
3. Be kind.

*Disclaimer - I am not a scientist, or a professional in any field related to this. Just my two cents. lol

A great video! Very interesting, thank you for sharing this.

Posted on: 3/16 4:52

Re: Neuroscientist talks about healing depression, fear, PTSD.
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Great reply Link! This is also why doing things daily like meditation and Tai-Chi are so important. It relaxes the mind which relaxes the body which allows faster healing to take place.

Also it's important not to claim an illness as yours as the body reacts to statements and thoughts of such. Never say I have or I am depressed. It's better to say I'm fighting or I'm in the process of beating depression.

If you don't believe your beating it then keep saying it until you do. Feel what it means to be victorious. Lots of good videos out there showing how people used visualization to overcome ailments and other problems in their lives.

Posted on: 3/16 22:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]