Temple of the Jedi Force : Jedi and faith [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Mando Dagger and Shortsword comparison

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
external.jpg

Friends and Family
blah

Do you know ?
What the 12th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (8 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...

New Members Welcome!
WardHack1 2021/9/26
JakeS23799 2021/9/23
MerlinRend 2021/9/22
ZacTennyso 2021/9/22
IndianaSpa 2021/9/21
Jestine23T 2021/9/18
ConnieKrol 2021/9/18
DamarisCas 2021/9/17
MelodeeBal 2021/9/17
SherleneFo 2021/9/14

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jedi and faith
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Once while in meditation I was reminded when Luke Skywalker failed to lift the XWing. Master Yoda then by using the force lifted the XWing out of the swamp. Luke said that that was impossible and Master Yoda said that is why he failed.

Luke did have the ability to lift up the X wing otherwise Master Yoda would not have asked him to do it. I believe that Luke failed because he didn’t have the faith in his abilities to be able to do it. I think this is how it is with every Jedi. In order to be a successful Jedi one must learn to have faith in themselves and in their abilities.

People think that in order to be great you must have great abilities which allow you to have great faith in yourself but it’s actually the other way around, with great faith comes great abilities. The living Force responds to your faith and the greater your faith the better you are able to sense, use, and follow the directions of the living Force.

A Jedi’s Power may flow from the Force but it is faith that unlocks that power. The most important thing to practice is faith. Meditate.

Posted on: 6/4 0:25

Re: Jedi and faith
Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
It's true to even the most basic abilities ever. Some people can hide or push through their lack of faith very well and do things almost always correctly which I have no idea how they do it though. That's when talent may come into the picture, but I also believe that dedication, hard work and faith makes up for it eventually.

Posted on: 6/4 13:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Well said.

Without faith we become depressed and subject to all kinds of negative thinking. Faith and hope keep us going.

Successful people tend to have greater amounts of faith. They believe in their success abilities more then anything else in the world, even if the experts tell them they will never make it, they have more faith in their vision than in what the experts said.

Without faith we have very little dedication or desire to work hard.

If people want to build faith I would say start with a dream to accomplish something great, no matter how big or small it is. See yourself accomplishing something. Replay it through your imagination every chance you get. Don't think any negative thoughts about it.

Faith like any other muscle grows bigger the more you use it and shrinks over time if never used. Or if you're not visual create an affirmation and say it every chance you get. Say it until you can't stand to say it anymore (this will be the point that your inner resistance is starting to break down) then say it even more often.

Eventually you will reach a point in which you accept it as true, then your world/life will change.

Do a search on the power of affirmations if you wish to know more and really change your life. If you're happy with things just the way they are then don't research this stuff with an open mind.

Posted on: 6/5 12:04

Apprentice
From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
This is one of my favourite moments in the saga. I have meditated on that point a lot, and I agree. I believe that we are capable of so much if we have faith.

I also believe that we are raised in a way that suppresses our abilities. Our minds seem to be trained and conditioned to tell us that things are impossible.

Posted on: 6/30 0:48

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Yes, from faith comes hope which keeps a person optimistic. This generates positive energy in ones life.

Posted on: 7/1 8:22

Master
From Oregon USA
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Message Board Moderator
Jedi Consular
Master O, can you share with us some of your favorite ways to connect and deepen faith through the Force?

Posted on: 8/27 16:03

"Your connection to the Force allows you to see in ways others cannot. If you can see yourself, you will never be truly blind."
-Bendu

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
One favorite way is finding a place of victory inside or outside of yourself to operate from. For some it's listening to positive music, for others doing affirmations while walking in the woods or by the sea.

Always seek to operate from a place of victory, never fear or worry, get yourself out of those feeling first, then go forth and affirm what you want, what you have been given, and what you are grateful for.

Posted on: 8/31 11:12

Master
From Oregon USA
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Message Board Moderator
Jedi Consular
"A place of victory" sounds incredibly poetic and inspiring! What can you tell us about your Place of Victory?

I think a lot of growth and value could be found when we all take some time to really understand and answer these questions:
How do you know when you've found it?
What does it feel like for you?
How does being in a Place of Victory change your ecosystem?

Posted on: 9/1 10:55

"Your connection to the Force allows you to see in ways others cannot. If you can see yourself, you will never be truly blind."
-Bendu

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]