Temple of the Jedi Force : The power of myth? But Joseph Campbell is so boring. [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
My Sword

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
lightsaber sketch #4

Friends and Family
Spluska

Do you know ?
What is a Jedi?

Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (6 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

New Members Welcome!
JamalSalye 2021/10/16
ClayGiles8 2021/10/10
KindraFuer 2021/10/8
MittieStal 2021/10/7
TedHarcus9 2021/10/7
RonnyBrown 2021/10/2
ClayStoneh 2021/10/2
dwyane041 2021/9/29
WardHack1 2021/9/26
JakeS23799 2021/9/23

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The power of myth? But Joseph Campbell is so boring.
Ascended Jedi Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Ascended Master Jedi
Hello all,

I love Joseph Campbell. Its no secret to anyone that knows me that it wasn’t that drew me in to the temple, but the lure of Alan Watts, Carl Jung, and Joseph Campbell’s philosophies being combined in to a modern myth that led me through the doors and made me stay. I’ve read the power of myth and the hero with a thousand faces multiple times. I’ve also watched and listened to the series.

Now I know it can seem very dry to some, well maybe more than some, but it’s so valuable to understand what’s being taught there. The very pillars of Jediism, nay, all religion, are contained therein.Here’s an article at Cracked that sums up why its essential for all of you to learn and understand the power of myth.

5 Ways You Don't Realize Movies Are Controlling Your Brain.

All of our lives are based on myth, on stories handed to you by the media, your grandmother, your teachers. We remember and relay information as stories. Are biases, the subconscious predispositions that make are base decisions, are formed by stories, by MYTH. Please read the article and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have.

In the force,
Merin

Posted on: 2013/12/11 23:06

Re: The power of myth? But Joseph Campbell is so boring.
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I agree. Art does become reality. In criminal justice you see lawyers and state's attorney's playing up the CSI angle because that's what people reference in there minds when they think of criminal justice.

With CSI many kids were inspired to become a forensic/detective. They planned their entire future around this and few if any actually talked to a real life person in the field to let them know how it really worked. They based their entire educational history on an assumption they got from watching TV.

That's why when the new Star Wars movies come out this place is going to be really packed. Whole new generations will continue to be inspired by the mystic aspects of the Force. Even after the fans are screened out there will still be many highly spiritual people seeking to walk this path.

Even here masters go through what I call a crisis of faith. When we join the temple we have in the back of our mind what it means to be a Jedi Master (based on lore). When we become master's we realize at some point the dream does not match the reality, other masters don't act the way we think they should be acting. The master usually leaves then. Some never come back. Some work it out within themselves and return. To what degree they return and contribute depends on the degree they've found harmony between the dream and the reality. Not all master's or even knight's go through this but most do at some point in their career.

Posted on: 2013/12/11 23:56

Ascended Jedi Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Ascended Master Jedi

Posted on: 2013/12/11 23:58

Ascended Jedi Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Ascended Master Jedi
That's always a hoot, isn't it? When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out. In the same way, when life squeezes us, something comes out. Sometimes that something isn't what we though it should be but if we're to become the something we see in our minds eye we must embrace the something we see before us.

Posted on: 2013/12/12 0:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]