Temple of the Jedi Force : Joda Sett's Initiate Journal [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
The latest custom order ceremonial saber I've built

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
JudaKas Lightsaber Crystal Chamber

Friends and Family
my sister Rebekah and me posin

Do you know ?
What the 7th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Joda Sett's Initiate Journal
Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
In studying the Three Primary Tenants, I have interpreted them as such:

Through our training, we gain the knowledge necessary to interact with one another and the Force.

After obtaining the necessary knowledge, we must apply what we have learned and pass it on to others. In this way, we gain wisdom.

Focusing our efforts in training and mentorship enable us to ensure that our way of life is perpetuated. I understand this tenant to also imply that, we must first have the internal control and calm of self before we can show others the way.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 8:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Joda Sett's Initiate Journal
Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
The Jedi Code

Emotion, yet peace.
I must understand that I am human, an emotional being. To feel is rational and expected. However, I must strive to control these emotions and not allow them to control me. In another sense, peace comes as an external projection of the calm that I produce from within myself. By attaining Serenity, I can project Peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Much like Socrates, I know that I know nothing. This is where true knowledge begins. I must continually strive to learn and never settle into complacency.
Passion, yet serenity.
Having drive or zeal for something or someone is fine. Allowing it to become an obsession or an addiction is destructive. Serenity is the calming of the self. By controlling myself, I can project that outward in the manifestation of Peace.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Much like the Taoist Yin and Yang, I can't recognize one without acknowledging the other. Realizing that chaos will be allows me to focus my inner calm and brave whatever storms swirl around me. It is also interesting to note that, through some forms of chaos (e.g. storms) rebirth and growth occur.
Death, yet the Force.
Death and taxes. Neither can be escaped. I understand that my time on this Earth is limited. I must strive to live every day to its fullest and not take it for granted. I live with as few regrets as possible. My sense of peace lies in knowing that the energy that is my spirit will one day rejoin that which is the Force.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 10:02

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Jumping right in. That's good to see.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 12:20

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Time is the only non-replenishable commodity, Master Octagon.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 12:28

Apprentice
From Northern Florida, United States
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
That's why you reshape your perception of it, Joda. Life isn't meant to be hurried through.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 17:39

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular

The Jedi Creed:

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace.
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi.

I interpret the first half of our creed to mean that I am a vessel for all of these virtues. Once I've learned and mastered them, I must act as an ambassador, mediator, and diplomat where necessary.

The second part is more about giving than asking the same from others. It has a lot to do with the notion of paying itforward. Be proactive in all endeavors.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 19:06

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Quite right! My point exactly. Live life to its fullest. Once the moment's gone, it can never be regained.

Posted on: 2016/5/14 19:08

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
"Once the moment's gone, it can never be regained"

Are we not still in the moment, even after it passed? How can we live life in any other way than being in the given moment? What more value does the moment passed have compared to the moment you are in right now? What's the difference between them?

You're eager, which is great! Please keep in mind though that the initiate work is the way potential mentors get to know you and how you think. It's pretty vital in connecting the right mentor with the right student, hence it's good if you can put a little extra into it and take your time with this work.

Posted on: 2016/5/15 5:11
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
I'm a little late to the party, but welcome to our temple Kids! And Nira is spot on with what she said, please try not to rush through the initiate work, it allows us to get to know you a bit better, and will help a potential mentor decide if you're the right fit for their style of teaching.

Namaste.

Posted on: 2016/5/15 8:17

Edited by AceVenom on 2016/5/15 11:05:45

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular

1. As Jedi, we are in touch with the Living Force flowing through and around us, as well as being spiritually aware of the Force. Jedi are trained to become sensitive to the Force's energy, fluctuations, and disturbances.

Through my training and meditations, I will gain awareness and a better understanding of the Force and my connection to it. On a purely fundamental level, we are all one interconnected organism.

2. Jedi live and focus on the present; we must neither dwell on the past nor be overly concerned about the future. As the mind wanders, focusing on the present is a task not easily attained, for the mind is not content with the eternal present moment. As Jedi, we must release our stress and ease our minds.

I must continue to focus on the now. Cherish each moment. Once it passes, it becomes a part of the past. I have little control over my future. The present is where I have the most influence.

3. Jedi must maintain a clear mind; this is achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become cluttered and infected by forces and attitudes that we encounter every day, and must be purged of these unnecessary elements on a daily basis.

Silent meditation can help me refocus my energies and efforts. Pruning the unnecessary baggage from my day will prepare me for the coming day.

4. As Jedi, we are mindful of our thoughts... we focus our thoughts on the positive. The positive energy of the force is healthy for the mind, body and spirit.

Staying positive is challenging in today's society. Everywhere I turn, I'm met with bad news in the media, etc. The dark side is ever present and must be silenced. Meditation will help me.

5. As Jedi, we trust and use our feelings. We are intuitive, more so than others and with this heightened intuition we become more spiritually evolved as our minds become more harmonious with the Force and its influences.

As I get more in tune with the Force, I will be able to trust my intuition more and more. My gut instincts are already pretty good, but there's room for growth.

6. Jedi are patient. Patience is elusive but can be consciously developed over time.

Patience in the 21st century is tough. With instant gratification everywhere, this gets harder to come to terms with. I grew up in an era of few gadgets and luxuries. It's not as difficult for me, but elusive at times for sure.

7. Jedi are mindful of the negative emotions which lead to the Dark Side: Anger, Fear, Aggression, and Hate. If we sense these emotions manifesting within ourselves, we must meditate on the Jedi Code and focus on purging these destructive emotions.

Noticing these negative emotions is easy. Controlling myself is the challenge. I fing myself getting better at it, but it takes effort and a lot of control. Meditating on the code reminds me of what I strive to be.

8. Jedi understand that physical training is as important as training the mind and the spirit. We understand that all aspects of training are necessary to maintain the Jedi way of life and to perform the duties of a Jedi.

I must train and maintain my body as well as my mind and spirit. I exercise three days a week for this. The fresh air and increased blood flow help me to regain focus.

9. Jedi protect the peace. We are warriors of peace, and are not ones to use force to resolve a conflict; it is through peace, understanding and harmony that conflicts resolve.

I am a vessel of peace. I must project it wherever I go. Violence solves nothing. Again, I should try to understand rather than be understood. By listening rather than just hearing, I can help resolve didagreements.

10. Jedi believe in destiny and trust in the will of the Force. We accept the fact that what seem to be random events are not random at all, but the design of the Force. Each living creature has a purpose, understanding that purpose comes with a deep awareness of the Force. Even things that happen which seem negative have a purpose, though that purpose is not easy to see.

Thus, why my future isn't worth worrying about. I trust that my path, for the most part, has been decided. Everything I interact with is meant to be there at that moment, though I may not understand its signifigace at that time.

11. Jedi must let go of obsessive attachment, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions creates the fear of losing those possessions, which can lead to the Dark Side.

Too much of anything, good or bad, can be detrimental. People and things come and go. With the loss of one may come the arrival of another.

12. Jedi believe in eternal life. We do not become obsessed in mourning those who pass. Grieve as you will but take heart, for the soul and spirit continue in the netherworld of the Living Force.

Losing someone close is crushing. I take heart in the fact that they have moved on into the Living Force. It's easier said than to, to be honest. I still have moments where this sneaks up on me.

13. Jedi use the Force only when it is necessary. We do not apply our abilities or powers to boast or be prideful. We use the Force for knowledge, and exercise wisdom and humility in doing so, for humility is a trait all Jedi must embody.

Pride leads to dissention. Another destructive situation. I am proud to be a Jedi, but I don't need to shout it from the rooftops. If they ask, I'll tell them.
Otherwise, I needn't bring it up.

14. We as Jedi believe that love and compassion are central to our lives. We must love each other as we love ourselves; by doing this, we envelop all life in the positive energy of the Force.

I interpret this as our version of the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. My extended family lies here. I understand this.

15. Jedi are guardians of peace and justice. We believe in finding peaceful solutions to problems, gifted as we are, we remain negotiators of the utmost ability. We never negotiate out of fear, but never fear to negotiate. We embrace justice, protecting and preserving the fundamental rights of all living creatures. Empathy and compassion are vital to us; it allows us to comprehend the wounds caused by injustice.

Understanding both points of view is essential in negotiations. I try to spend 90% of that time listening, as this tends to be the issue between the parties involved.

16. We as Jedi make a commitment to, and are loyal to the Jedi cause. The ideals, philosophies, and practices of the Jedi define the belief of Jediism, and we take action on this path for self-improvement, and to help others. We are both the witnesses and protectors of the Jedi way by the practice of our Faith.

We are as strong as our weakest link. We must support and mentor one another in all things. I undertake this journey with the intent of improving myself and sharing my knowledge with others.

Posted on: 2016/5/15 13:19

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.