Temple of the Jedi Force : Peace is a Habit [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Oath

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
The littlest Darth

Do you know ?
That you can upload your own avatar?

Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...

New Members Welcome!
CyrilJiron 2021/10/21
JamalSalye 2021/10/16
ClayGiles8 2021/10/10
KindraFuer 2021/10/8
MittieStal 2021/10/7
TedHarcus9 2021/10/7
RonnyBrown 2021/10/2
ClayStoneh 2021/10/2
dwyane041 2021/9/29
WardHack1 2021/9/26

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Peace is a Habit
Master
From Oregon USA
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Message Board Moderator
Jedi Consular
I've taken this week to contemplate the meaning of Peace as a way to be of service in my community. For such a 'vanilla' topic, it's remarkably complex to talk about productively in this manner. Previously, I would have considered it an ideal, a moral value and a feeling. Now, I would call it a habit.

I began by mapping what Peace is to me. The feelings I've associated with it over the years (calmness, sleepiness, passiveness), the beliefs around the definition of peace (Peace is the opposite to War, Peace is only for when nothing is happening around me).

Then I took apart the processes, beliefs and triggers that create the polarities of Peace (Grounded or Striving, Passive or in Flow, etc.), and I begin to see Peace as a need to be triggered as a balance to something external. I notice where I formed beliefs around when I allow myself to feel peace, and when I am not allowed to feel at peace. When I allow this constraint to fall away, I've freed "Peace" from being something to react to in my awareness.

I've change Peace from being 'calm', 'passive', or 'disassociated' into a sense of becoming a fullness of presence in myself and my world, a sense of ISness.

In this light of knowledge, I've changed Peace from a passive reaction that happened by chance, into a conscious choice to be present with what is. The more I choose to be present in this state, the better I develop a habit of Peace.

There is no Emotion, there is Peace.

Posted on: 9/2 12:34

"Your connection to the Force allows you to see in ways others cannot. If you can see yourself, you will never be truly blind."
-Bendu
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Peace is a Habit
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Yes, I've starting taking passives like peace and turning them into active declarations, I speak peace over the turmoil in my life and declare peace over situations I face that attempt to upset me!

Our words have power and go out into the universe to our will. That's why Masters always guard what they say. Knowing that what they speak effects everything around them, including their health and the health of others.

Posted on: 9/6 10:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]